Sunday, October 1, 2006

Abusers offered help to break cycle of violence

We're getting more hope everyday! Lots of abusers, both men and women really do want to change and Taylor is one of them. Read about it here.

JS Online:Abusers offered help to break cycle of violence: "'It was scary,' Taylor said. 'I grew up in a house where there was emotional and verbal abuse daily. I took it a step further. I put my hands on the women in my life.'

Taylor wanted to end the intergenerational cycle of violence, and he had one incentive: 'I didn't want my daughter to marry a man like her father.'

Statistics show that 5 out of 10 boys who witness abuse go on to be abusers, and 6 out of 10 girls who witness abuse get into relationships with abusers."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful in how you use language.