Tuesday, February 21, 2006

12 Steps to dealing with abuse

Found another site that talks about how we have to stop the abuse hurled toward us--great site and really helpful if you want a quick look at taking care of yourself. Check out Murry's site.

AS YOU READ THIS thousands of people are being abused by someone who is supposed to love them. Are you one of them? If you are, you need to take action today. Failure to take immediate action can destroy your potential and that of your children to live happy, productive lives. It can even result in your death. Abuse is illegal, immoral, and inhumane. Do you know when a bad relationship becomes an abusive one? Do you know what abuse is?

2 comments:

  1. Great find Shelly!!! Kudos!!

    I am still amazed that sooo many women have no clue that abuse can be verbal, emotional, sexual, psychological.... not just physical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strangely enough Fighter, I didn't know for years. I did the classic with my Mom, I told her, "I'm not abused. He's never hit me." It's amazing how much crap we take and they dole out. You know how come they do it? Because they can!!! It's so true, but few of us actually know what that means--if we don't stand still for it, they don't do it. That's why bitches rule!

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful in how you use language.