Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Emotional abuse is no less important, experts say - Neighborhood - The District Chronicles

Most of here at Respect-Me-Rules know that verbal abuse is as important as physical. We also know that it is often hard to recognize, especially when we say "At least he doesn't hit me!" We are our own worst enemies when it comes to recognizing that we don't deserve to be put down, called names, ignored and manipulated by the one we love. In any case if you are reading this, you have taken the first is not the second step. It always helps to read more so read this 19 yer old's story.
Emotional abuse is no less important, experts say - Neighborhood - The District Chronicles: "I was 19 years old, a sophomore at Howard University. David was too. We met on Facebook. The first five months, everything went well. But, then he began hanging up on me, walking out on me mid-conversation, ignoring me, and telling me that nothing I did was good enough. He criticized what I wore, how I wore it, where I went, how I looked, and almost everything I did."

'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful in how you use language.