Saturday, August 4, 2007

The Healing Art of Communication - by Ayal Hurst

A great site with lots of good info sent to us from one of our readers, Andrea G.

thanks, Andrea, this will help a lot of our "students" for the tutorial.

The Healing Art of Communication - by Ayal Hurst: "Violence comes from the belief that other people cause our pain and therefore deserve punishment. The cause of our feelings is located in our own thinking. For instance, if a person says to another: 'You doubt me all the time,' what is that person really thinking and feeling? What they are really feeling is the following: 'I am feeling insecure. I don't know if I trust my own competence and I am needing to know that I do things well.'

What messages are conveyed to the other person in the statement 'You doubt me all the time!'? Projection, guilt, shame.... you're wrong for doing this, it's your fault I feel this way, etc. In order to be able to relate to another and not blame them for what goes on for us, we have to shine the light of consciousness on our own feelings and discover what we are really feeling and needing."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful in how you use language.